Thursday 8 January 2015

Come Walk With Me... Trelissick Estate, Cornwall


"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend"

        - Albert Camus









I am a novice when it comes to walks, or most other outdoor activities in fact. But when a City Girl met a Country Boy in 2006, something had to shift. And, if truth be told I could not be happier that it did.

Over the years we have been on several walks and few have been documented until recently. Now, I'm going to try to keep an on line memoir of the walks that we go on wherever they be in the world - country, urban, beach... whatever!


First up - The Trelissick Estate, Cornwall







Trelissick is a National Trust woolands walk and park, not too far from Truro in Cornwall. It's close to where my in-laws-to-be now live and a part of the country that I love. 

I like this walk. I won't lie, I like it because it is easy! Great for fellow novice walkers. You have the option of two walks - each about  2 miles (around an hour at a reasonable pace) or you could combine the two for a longer jaunt. The surfaced paths makes it a very buggy friendly walk for those with young children!






You will meander through wonderful Cornish woodland and catch glimpses of the Fal estuary as you go...









Walk down the steps to the famous King Harry Ferry...











At several points you will encounter breathtaking panoramic vistas of the Fal estuary too...











Oh! And a cheesy photo to finish...






That's all for now!

Big loves! 
Xx

http://www.bloglovin.com/people/sandrasayswhynot-3116037

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me with Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin